Sunday, March 28, 2010

Logest Ride this year, broke 200 for March

Yesterday I did my longest ride of the year so far. It was smidge over 34 miles with nearly 3000 ft of climbing (max grade shows 21%). It was a brutal ride mainly due to the intense winds from the South. I spent most of the time in zone 4 (avg HR was 158) and averaged over 16mph for the first time this year (it seems last year this was where I started – I guess 40 is catching up with me). I keep thinking about 3 State and how close it seems and how far away I am from being ready for it. I hit my max HR (181) turning around and chasing down Jim Matheu after we passed each other on my way out. I figure I can make this ride about 39 miles by heading up to Theta on Gravel Hill Rd, then back up Carters Creek through Burwood. The route up to Theta on Gravel hill will add some more climbing feet too with a couple places where the grades are 17-20+%.

The route is here: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/25794

No comments:

Post a Comment